Sober Companion: Career Move?
Before you continue in your quest for employment through Sober Champion, there are a few things you should know about us...
This work is not "paid sponsorship", nor is it paid 12-Step service.
We offer our clients a discreet, individualized, professional companionship & treatment plan to help them remain free from mood-and mind-altering substances and self-destructive behaviors (such as gambling or self-injury).
If you are a degreed therapist or counselor with a current certification, we may offer to include such services to our clients.
Sober Champion's minimum requirements are as follows:
- An active program of personal recovery from alcoholism, addiction, or other obsessive, compulsive, self-destructive behavior;
- We prefer at least five years of complete abstinence from your addiction or self-destructive behavior (there are times when we may be willing to waive the time requirement - but please don't count on it); If you are a member of a 12-Step fellowship, this includes an ongoing relationship with your sponsor;
- A current driver's license;
- A current passport;
- A cell phone, an email address, hi-speed internet access, a printer, and a land-line;
- A verifiable address in the USA and/or Europe (no P.O. Boxes);
- Some form of education and/or experience in the field of addiction treatment. This may include coursework from an accredited school, employment anywhere in the field of addiction treatment, and/or a couple of stints as a resident of a treatment center, sober living house, or some such similar institution); A blood test, urinalysis, and/or hair follicle examination for the presence of drugs and/or alcohol, performed by a credible, professional lab in your area (we will help you locate such a resource).
- References from people in the field of addiction treatment and personal references from individuals who can vouch for your character.
If you're qualified for this work, assemble the following:
Your most recent resume. Please include as much work history as you like. Don't bother explaining gaps in employment - we get it - we had gaps, too.
A description of your drug/alcohol/other history, including what happened to make you seek help, and what your life is like now.
Your understanding of the 8th and 12th Traditions of your 12-Step fellowship.
When you have these items assembled...
click here to submit them.
We appreciate your interest and wish you the best!
Click here to hire a Recovery Coach or in London.
Click here to hire a Recovery Coach in Chicago.